Giving jewelry to a loved one is a special part of Valentine’s Day. It’s a widely held tradition as Valentine’s spending is expected to reach almost twenty six billion dollars this year with jewelry as a top five choice according to the National Retail Federation. Keep reading and we’ll share with you how to choose the perfect jewelry for your loved one.
Giving jewelry as a gift for Valentine's Day is always a great idea!
Valentine’s Day is associated with giving flowers, chocolates, and jewelry. While all of these are great gifts, only one lasts forever. Let’s look at five reasons why jewelry is the preferred present to give because it is a lasting gift that helps create a story of your love and affection.
- Valued Relationships
Giving jewelry as a Valentine's Day gift is a great opportunity to show your special someone that you love them. It shows you put thought and effort into finding something memorable and meaningful just for them.
Jewelry is always a classic and enduring gift idea that will be treasured for many years to come. It is both sentimental and a lasting reminder of the love and affection shared between both of you.
You can give jewelry at any stage of a relationship. Whether it is just the beginning of a great friendship, a thank you to someone special (like mom), or a keepsake to express your love and affection for an ongoing lifetime of joy together with that special someone in your life.
You can select a piece that is suitable by choosing from a simple and affordable piece or an extravagant and elegant item.
You can make jewelry an even more thoughtful and meaningful gift by personalizing and tailoring it to the individual tastes and preferences of the special person you are buying it for.
- Symbol of Commitment
Jewelry can be given as a symbol of your commitment. It can be an engagement or promise of what the future holds for the two of you. Choosing Valentine’s Day to declare that commitment makes it a significant and romantic gesture that will always be cherished.
- Memory Milestone
When jewelry is worn and displayed, it serves as a constant reminder of the love and affection shared between the giver and receiver. This gives the memory a special way to be showcased for everyone to see.
How to Choose the Perfect Jewelry for Valentine’s Day
Choosing the right Valentine's Day jewelry can be challenging. Below are five important considerations for you, to help ensure you pick the perfect piece for your loved one.
- Individual Style
What is the personal style of your loved one? Think about the jewelry your person already wears and try to pick a piece that complements their personality and style. What type of jewelry do they prefer? Do they wear white gold, platinum, gold, silver, etc.? Do they like simplicity or more elaborate items?
When choosing your special piece, think about the occasion this piece will be worn. Is this a special milestone in your relationship, such as an anniversary or engagement? If so, you may want to choose a more significant and grand piece. Or perhaps you want to choose a flattering piece that they will feel comfortable wearing every day.
What is your planned budget for buying a special gift? Jewelry ranges from a wide selection of affordable and simple pieces to lavish and luxurious items. It's important to pick a piece that fits both your tastes and your budget.
Many jewelers can also offer an option to personalize pieces of jewelry, such as engraving a message or initials, adding birthstones, etc. This can make jewelry even more meaningful to your special person.
- Decision Confidence
Take the time to research different options so you can compare prices and features. This will help you make an informed decision and ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
You will want to choose jewelry that is well made and is of good quality. A piece of jewelry is a long term investment. It should be of good quality and craftsmanship so it will last. Ask for advice if you have any questions about what to choose. Friends, family, or a professional jeweler are good sources of input to make sure you pick just the right piece for your loved one.
4 Types of Jewelry to Choose From
Now that we’ve covered the basics of why to select jewelry and how to frame your decision, let’s look at options for selecting the right piece(s). There are many types and styles of jewelry that are available from which to choose.
Earrings with Diamonds and Gemstones
Who doesn’t love a gorgeous set of earrings? You can accessorize or embellish any outfit with a pair of earrings.There are numerous styles from which to choose for your special person.
As you begin your search, remember to narrow your selection to the style and aesthetic that your loved one prefers. Consider the design and material (e.g., gold, silver, platinum, gemstone) that will be the perfect match for your special person.
Think about the setting for when the earrings will be worn in order to focus on the desired style. For example, will the setting be casual, formal, romantic, etc.? Will the earrings be able to complement different outfits and different occasions? Will the earrings pair well with the jewelry she already owns?
Evaluate brand reputation and customer reviews of the jewelry you are interested in to ensure you are getting a piece that is something you can value and treasure into the future. There are many styles of earrings from which to choose.
Studs are an excellent choice that still offer many styles from simple to extravagant. You can choose beautiful diamond studs, birthstone studs, gemstone studs.
Here is a beautiful example of an exquisite 18 karat white gold ruby and diamond halo stud earrings.These earrings will be a stunning addition for most classic formal wear and are bound to make her feel special.
- Drop Earrings
Drop earrings also come in many different styles. Here is a Chromia 18 karat white gold watermelon tourmaline and diamond drop earring that is a more traditional option, combining gemstones in a nostalgic design.
But, don’t forget the impact of a sleek modern drop earring look which also comes in the style of a bar or twist drop earring as seen here with this gold silk twist.
- Hoop Earrings
White gold, diamond, and engraved hoop earrings are another desirable and beautiful option that can come in a variety of designs on a spectrum from solid gold or silver to a channel earring displaying a number of diamonds. For example, here’s an attractive and exquisite design that brings some sparkle to any occasion.
Earrings are timeless pieces that are fitting for all occasions and types of relationships (romantic, family, best friend, etc.) They should compliment an outfit as well as other jewelry. A gift of earrings will be used and cherished for many years to come.
Rings with Precious Stones
A fine ring is worn with pride and will be displayed with pleasure. Rings often serve as a conversation starter where the story of their ring can be told and retold throughout the years. Giving the gift of a special ring on Valentine's day will create a romantic lasting memory.
- A diamond solitaire (engagement) ring is a classic and unfailing choice that will express your love to the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. Take a look at this beautiful engagement ring.
- A ring with a precious gemstone such as a birthstone ring, is both a beautiful and romantic gift. This gemstone is an excellent example that showcases both the amethyst and the diamonds and is a real treasure!
- A ring with personalized engraving of your partner's name or initials or a ring with a unique design, like a heart or an infinity symbol, is another way to express yourself as a thoughtful and unique gift.
Choosing a vintage or antique style ring can be a great way to show your partner that you appreciate the past and the history of your relationship. Check here for a beautiful selection of rings.
Bracelets can complement outfits ranging from casual to formal. Bracelets are a good way to enhance the way she feels regardless of occasion. Because there are many bracelet styles available you are sure to find one that will bring a smile to the face of your loved one!
- There is a wide variety of irresistible bangle bracelets to choose from that are sure to be a hit! You can find hinge, twist, silver hammered, gemstone bangles, etc. Take a look at this sleek and attractive Cartier Love bracelet.
- Rope and cable bracelets are another solid choice of decorating wrists. David Yurmans' cable design is a lovely piece!
- A bracelet with a unique design, like a heart or infinity symbol would be a thoughtful and distinctive gift. This highlighted bracelet has a unique craftsman design which incorporates subtle and intricate hearts that are sure to be a conversation piece when out with friends.
- Perhaps you’d like to give a pearl bracelet, which is a timeless and classic choice. Pearls have adorned many women across the ages in formal attire as well as casual outfits. Both situations share the fact that the person wearing these bracelets cherishes and enjoys wearing them. This pearl bracelet is a special design.
- A tennis bracelet with diamonds is always a well received romantic gesture that shows your partner how much you love them. There is a sophisticated simplicity as well as elegance with this gorgeous tennis bracelet.
Choosing a bracelet with a meaningful message or quote, can be another great way to express your feelings and show your partner how much they mean to you. Or, you could choose a charm bracelet as a special gift for your loved one. The bracelet can display charms that represent your partner’s interests or special moments in your relationship. You could also choose to personalize an engraved bracelet with your partner’s initials, names, or even include your children’s initials.
Necklaces offer a wide variety of possible choices for that perfect gift. Whether you choose based on design, gemstone, simplicity or elegance, you are sure to find a piece that can be cherished forever.
- A precious gemstone or a pearl necklace are classics that can be worn with both casual and sophisticated attire. It is sure to make her smile. This beautiful pearl necklace is in an elegant setting that is great for any occasion.
- An elegant and romantic gift like this diamond pendant swirl will show your love and appreciation. This diamond solitaire swirl necklace is simple, yet unique in its design, with the swirl showcasing an everlasting symbol of love.
- A necklace with a unique artistic design, like an infinity knot or a tree of life, can be a thoughtful gift for the woman who likes to stand out in a crowd. This gorgeous infinity slide pendant can symbolize your eternal love for one another.
Show Your Love Differently: One-of-a-kind Jewelry
For something truly special, you can create a special custom-made piece of jewelry designed specifically for you or your partner.
Your design could be a piece of vintage or antique jewelry that has been repurposed into something special for the two of you. It could be made from a family heirloom that has been passed down through the generations. The design could even be something that captures a special memory that you share. The possibilities are unlimited!
Your Love Story Continues…
Valentine's Day is a special occasion that provides you the opportunity to celebrate your special person with a memorable gift. Whether you are looking for luxury and elegance or a beautiful piece to wear daily, jewelry is always a lasting memory and romantic gift choice.
A piece of jewelry that is meaningful and personal will be cherished for years to come. Giving that special piece of jewelry to your loved one creates a special memory and a story of your love’s journey.
There are so many options to choose from, traditional diamond rings, elegant necklaces, and unique bracelets, etc. No matter what you choose, the most important thing is that the jewelry comes from the heart and is a symbol of your love and commitment.
Let The Estate Watch & Jewelry Co. help you find that perfect piece for your loved one! Start your search today on our website or come into our store to see our wide selection of jewelry!